Thursday, 17 November 2011

Designing the magazine ad

The initial thoughts I had on the poster included dark colours and the use of gradient. I used this idea and therefore produced a variety of backgrounds on adobe illustrator including these:
From here, I opened up some of the photos I had taken in the photo shoot and started playing around with different edits and placing them onto the backgrounds to see if any of them looked good. I still stuck with the dark colours and these are the types of things I came up with:
As well as changing the background and the edits of the photos from the shoot, I added the artist name and tried out different fonts to see which one looked best:

From these deigns, I developed the ones I like the best and the ones I thought delivered the right message and mood which were these:

No comments:

Post a Comment