I also took some pictures of them close up so I had a better view of them which enabled me to choose a hanful which I thought might work well. I liked the thickest ones the best and I also thought the scruffy ones would look better than the others.
I then opened these images in Adobe Photoshop to see what I could do with them to make them suitable for the digipack, this is what I came up with:
I selected the writing only so I was able to put it onto one of my album designs. I realise there is a lot of work to be done to this to finalise it and make it look professional, however I think I will stick to the idea of using handwriting!