Thursday 8 December 2011

Designing the Digipack

In order to start designing my digipack, I had to find a template to design around. I found a template on the internet and copied it onto adobe illustrator. To make things easier, I made my own template by drawing over the top of the one I had found.

I chose to do a six panel digipack opposed to a four panel or eight panel. I thought this was most appropriate as I don't want it to be under detailed, but at the same time, I don't want it to be over detailed. I am still going to try to keep the digipack simple, similar to the poster as I think it sets the right mood and delivers the correct message.

Below are examples of simple digipack covers that I have taken some inspiration from. Adele keeps her poses very simple with the black and white effect which really suits her music style. I also think the style of my song is very similar to hers in many ways although the genres are different which is why I have taken inspiration from her album covers in particular.



No comments:

Post a Comment